acceptance of terms
1. By accessing, downloading or using the products and services offered on our Site, whether or not you register as a member, or purchasing tickets to attend any The Burnout Project events, you agree to be bound by these Terms, which you acknowledge that you have read and understood.
2. We may change all or part of these Terms at any time. If we do, the new terms and conditions will be posted on this Site. Your continued use of the Site will constitute your acceptance of any changes. If you object to any changes to the Terms, your only remedy is to contact us at email@example.com and immediately discontinue your use of the products and/or services.
3. You must be 18 years or older to access any programs, communities, or events by The Burnout Project, unless specifically stated otherwise.
4. All The Burnout Project products and services are intended for general education and information purposes only. Nothing on this Site, or any of the content provided to you by us during our provision of the products and/ or services, purports to offer legal, medical or other professional advice. Use caution and always seek professional advice before acting on any information that we provide.
5. The Burnout Project provides support, guidance and tools for you to set goals, determine priorities and achieve results, but any decision you make, and the consequences that flow from such decisions, is your sole responsibility. Your success depends on many factors, including your dedication, participation, desire, and motivation.
6. You are not entering into a formal doctor-patient relationship with Dr Amy Imms by consuming content on the website, attending events, registering for online programs, or joining the online community. You take the responsibility to consult your own doctor if you have any concerns or experience distress at any point during events or programs, or in the community. In such circumstances, you must cease participation in the event, program or community until you have sought independent medical advice regarding whether or not it is appropriate for you.
7. If you attend individual burnout counselling appointments with Dr Amy Imms, then only within that context are you entering a formal doctor-patient relationship, and these are conducted according to Australian law.
8. You acknowledge and agree that The Burnout Project and its representatives are not responsible for decisions that you may make nor the impact this may have upon your health or losses that may arise out of any business or personal decision made by you at any time.
9. The Burnout Project cannot and does not make any guarantees about your ability to get results or improve your health and wellbeing with our ideas, information, tools, or strategies. You acknowledge that there is an inherent risk in the seeking of any wellbeing support, and there is no guarantee that your health will improve as a result.
10. It is your responsibility to self-assess your suitability for any programs or events offered by The Burnout Project. If you have any queries regarding your suitability, you must seek independent medical advice from your treating doctor prior to engaging with any programs, events or communities before implementing any strategies contained within information provided by The Burnout Project.
11. It is your responsibility to monitor your own mental wellbeing throughout any programs or events, or while participating in the community, and to seek timely independent medical advice and/or treatment if you experience any significant or prolonged distress.
Registering Your Details
12. Before you purchase our products and/or services, you must register an account with us.
13. You must provide accurate, complete and up-to-date registration information, as requested, and it is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your registration information.
14. We may at any time request a form of identification to verify your identity.
15. If you are a registered user or member to this Site, you acknowledge and agree that:
- You are solely responsible for protection and confidentiality of any password or member identification that may be issued to or subscribed for by you from time to time (Password);
- You will not reveal (or cause to be revealed through any act or omission) your Password to any other person;
- You will immediately notify us if your Password is lost or becomes known to any other person
- You are solely responsible for all access to and use of this site via your Password, whether such access or use is by you or any other person; and
- Any information you provide to us for posting or inclusion in our The Burnout Project Community, at any time, becomes our property.
17. You must ensure the security and confidentiality of your registration details, including any username and/or Password. You must notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your registered details.
18. Where a member service is for one user only, you will not let any other person use your Password or any registered user or member services.
Your Obligations and Code of Conduct
19. When using our products and/or services, you may be given access to Facebook groups, other online or in person forums or events in which you may post comments, photos, messages or other material (Your Content). When posting Your Content, you agree that you will not post or otherwise publish through this Site or our The Burnout Project community any of the following:
- Content that is unlawful, fraudulent, misleading, deceitful, threatening, abusive, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, harassing, threatening, abusive, offensive, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Content that harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful to an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability.
- Information that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s consent.
- Information that constitutes promotion or advertisement for groups, events or activities organised through competing social clubs, activity sites and internet platforms, except as otherwise expressly permitted by us.
- Any information or content that impersonates any person or entity.
- Any material, non-public information about companies without authorisation to do so.
- Any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or other unsolicited commercial communication (except as otherwise expressly permitted by us).
20. By posting or otherwise publishing Your Content on our Site or The Burnout Project community, you:
- Grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, licence to use, reproduce, edit and exploit Your Content in any form and for any purpose;
- Warrant that you have the right to grant the above licences;
- Warrant that Your Content does not breach these Terms; and
- Consent to any act or omission which would otherwise constitute an infringement of your moral rights, and if you add any content in which any third party has moral rights, you must also ensure that the third party also consents in the same manner.
21. We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to:
- Review, modify, reformat, reject or remove Your Content that, in our opinion, violates these Terms or otherwise has the potential to harm, endanger or violate the rights of any person; and
- Monitor use of the Site, and store or disclose any information that we collect, including in order to investigate compliance with the Terms or for the purposes of any police investigation or governmental request.
22. Our Site and The Burnout Project community is a space for learning and support.
23. Whilst using this Site and/or our The Burnout Project Community, we ask that you not:
- Contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted.
- Collect personal data about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes.
- Infringe other user’s privacy rights.
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms or any other harmful code; or
- Use manual or automated software, devices, script robots, other means or processes to access our Site or any related data or information.
24. We respect your confidential information, and by using our products and/or services, you agree to respect the same rights of the other The Burnout Project product and/or services participants (Participants) and representatives of The Burnout Project.
- That any confidential information shared by Participants or any of our representatives is confidential and proprietary and belongs solely and exclusively to the Participant who discloses it or to us.
- Not to disclose such information to any other person or use it in any manner other than in discussion with Participants during training sessions.
- That all materials and information provided to you by us are our confidential and proprietary information and intellectual property, belong solely and exclusively to us, and may only be used by you as authorised by us.
- That if you violate, or threaten to violate, any of your agreements contained in this paragraph we will be entitled to, among other things, injunctive relief to prohibit such violations.
25. You must keep the experience and statements, oral or written, of the Participants in the strictest of confidence.
26. All material on this Site, in our The Burnout Project community or otherwise delivered by us including (but not limited to) course content, text, and graphics (Our Content), is subject to copyright. While you may access, browse or print Our Content for non-commercial, personal or internal business use, you must obtain our prior express written permission if you’d like to use, copy, record or reproduce it. Modification of Our Content for any other purpose is a violation of our copyright and other proprietary rights and is strictly prohibited.
Right to Suspend, Terminate and Refund
27. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your use of the Site, the The Burnout Project community or our products and/or services generally, if you breach any of these Terms, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
28. Refund requests will be assessed on a case-by-case basis and when genuine value has not been received or isn’t able to be received, refunds will be granted at the discretion of The Burnout Project.
29. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate any product or service, at our discretion, if payment is defaulted.
Virtual and In Person Events
30. For the purpose of the paragraphs below, any virtual events or in-person events hosted by The Burnout Project will be referred to as ‘Events’.
31. Events are strictly adults only to ensure professionalism and a quiet working environment for all other attendees.
32. The Burnout Project reserves the right to exclude you from any Event should you, in The Project’s sole determination, become disruptive.
33. You understand and acknowledge that The Burnout Project may record aspects of an Event. You will be informed if such a recording is taking place. Those Recordings may be in the form of audio, video or still photography, and those Recordings may be used in the production of marketing or other materials to be used by The Burnout Project.
34. In regards to recorded events, you hereby waive any and all legal rights you may have against The Burnout Project in respect of Recordings of your participation in the event and grant to The Burnout Project the absolute right and permission to copyright and use, reuse and publish the Recordings where you may be depicted or included, in whole or in part, or composite or distorted in character or form, without restriction as to changes or alterations from time to time, or reproductions thereof in colour or otherwise, made through any medium and in any and all media now or later known, for art, advertising, trade or any other legal purpose. You also consent to the use of any printed matter in conjunction with that use.
35. You waive any right that you may have to inspect or approve the finished product or products of the Recordings or any printed matter that may be used in connection with the Recordings or the use to which it may be applied.
36. You hereby release, discharge and agree to hold harmless The Burnout Project from any and all liability that has or may occur in the making of the Recordings or any subsequent process or publication.
37. You acknowledge and understand that you are not permitted to make any of your own Recordings at any Event, webinar or other in-person forum.
38. In the unlikely event that The Burnout Project cancels an Event, you will receive a full refund of the purchase price paid for the Event. The Burnout Project will not reimburse any optional expenses including but not limited to flights and accommodation.
Liability is Limited
39. The disclaimers, liability limitations and indemnities within these Terms do not exclude rights that by law may not be excluded. Such rights include, but are not limited to, those rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
40. We do not make any express or implied representation or warranty about, or shall be liable, in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss, damages or reliance in connection with any of our Site, The Burnout Project community or Our Content.
41. In no event will we be liable for any damages whatsoever, including but not limited to any direct, indirect, special, consequential, punitive or incidental damages, or damages for loss of use, profits, data or other intangibles, or the cost of procurement of substitute products or services arising out of or related to the use, inability to use, unauthorised use, performance or non-performance of or reliance upon this Site, The Burnout Project community or Our Content.
42. These limitations and terms include (but are not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer as a result of:
- Reliance on the completeness, accuracy, suitability or currency of information, products or services irrespective of any verifying measures taken by us (including third party material and advertisements).
- Failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records.
- Accessing websites or servers maintained by other organisations through links on our Site, The Burnout Project community or products or services. Links are provided for convenience only. We do not endorse linked websites nor their products and services and you access them at your own risk.
- The use of credit card or other financial information, failure to complete (or delay in completing) any transaction, or other loss or damage arising from any transaction made or attempted on our Site.
43. You indemnify us from all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred or suffered by you or us as a direct or indirect consequence of using or attempting to use our information, products, services or any breach by you or your agents of these Terms. We are not responsible for, and expressly disclaim all liability to the fullest extent permitted by law, for damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within our Site, The Burnout Project community or through use of our products or services.
44. We welcome enquiries or feedback on our Site. If you have questions or comments regarding this Site, or The Burnout Project products or services, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want people to feel safe when using our groups and forums. For that reason, we’ve developed a set of community guidelines, outlined below. These policies will help you understand what type of sharing is allowed in our private groups and communities, and what type of content may be reported to us and removed. Because of the diversity of our global community, please keep in mind that something that may be disagreeable or disturbing to you may not violate our community guidelines.
keep it respectful
Comments that are inappropriately negative, rude, or attacking will be deleted, removed, or we will ask you to revise your thoughts. Everyone is here to learn and grow, so anything violating that will be removed.
no medical advice
We have a strict ‘no medical advice’ policy in our groups. This is to protect the safety of all members and participants. Members can provide support, share personal experiences, and make suggestions, but these must not include specific advice relating to medical conditions or treatment options.
Content gathered in our The Burnout Project Community groups cannot be collected, repackaged, and/or shared outside the group. Every member of our communities has a right to privacy and the right to feel safe that their questions, answers, and experiences remain privy to group members only.
We reserve the right to remove posts based on off-topic content or offensive content.
Breaking the rules
If you are deemed to be breaking the rules of the group, The Burnout Project reserves the right to remove you from the Facebook group or community/program that the offending behaviour has occurred within.